Ensuring a value added analysis and support in monitoring operations
Review the project cash flows prepared by the Project Business Controllers and recommend necessary changes
Foresee the project developments and advise Business Controllers to take necessary proactive steps and corrective measures
Ensure that financial policies on project management are complied
Overall monitoring of Project Budgets and timely amendment of budget for smooth cost booking
Review and guide Business Controllers in their Project CTC workings and give recommendations
Appraise project cost control function and advise CFO
Attend monthly project progress meetings
Make project visits and evaluate the reasoning given by the project team on the variances
Guide Business controllers in their preparation and control of project cash flows
Appraise financial clauses of contracts and joint venture agreements to ensure that company interest safeguarded
Liaise with joint venture management to ensure the timely completion of audit and other regulatory requirements
Foresee the major inflow and outflow of funds and inform treasury accordingly
Review major sub-contract documents and report to CFO
Act as the interface between project and accounting for monthly and quarterly project closing
Guide Business controllers on their monthly closing tasks like preparation of accruals
• Chartered Accountant/ACCA/CIMA/ICWA with minimum 12 years post qualification experience in Mega/Joint venture projects (civil, power & transport sectors)
• Strong knowledge of IFRS
• PMP certification & ERP background will be an added advantage
• “Hands on” experience with ERP systems (prefer Oracle exposure).
• Good working knowledge of MS Excel (advanced) and Power Point.
• Excellent Skills in interpreting financial data / “number cruncher”.
• Effective problem solving procedures and techniques.
• Candidate with enthusiasm, focus and drive. Collaborative management style both with peers & subordinates. Geared to work with “Roll-up the sleeves” approach.
• High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
• Leadership skills coupled with high energy, passion and self-initiative.
• Good communication (both oral and written) & presentation skills.
This job is posted in the following Specialties: